WIFC VII Events & Activities
WIFC Parade and Downtown Festival – Friday 12, March 2010
3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Downtown Rhinelander Inc. (DRI) is planning the “Festival of Flags” which will be an Olympic-style parade with the international teams for Friday, 12 March 2010.
- Downtown business will be decorating their store fronts with flags, banners and decorations of their heritage as a way to display their own pride and to provide a warm and friendly Northwoods greeting to our new international friends.
- The competitors in the World Ice Fishing Championship will be part of a “Passport” activity Downtown from 3 pm to 5 pm. Local businesses are adopting a country’s team for this time in the afternoon prior to the parade. The passport activity will give visitors and the local residents a chance to meet and greet the fishing competitors from around the globe, and for children and enthusiasts to gather autographs. The printed passports will be printed and distributed in the community and throughout the Northwoods prior to the event.
- The public is invited to the parade downtown with the international competitors, floats, and bands in what is called the “Parade of Nations”. The parade kicks off at 5:30 pm.
- People’s Choice Shanty award voting – Gather at the end of the parade route and vote for your favorite Northwoods Ice Shanty.
WIFC Trade Show and Festival in Indoor Heated Tents - Saturday and Sunday, 13-14 March 2010 – Hodag Park, Rhinelander, WI see layout
8:00 am to 9:00 pm Saturday
8:00 am to 4:00 pm Sunday
- WIFC sponsor booths, including Clam, Strikemaster, Vexilar, Ice Armor, Arctic Cat, and Christian Brothers
- An array of Food Vendors, including a pig roast, brats, and beverages – contact the Rhinelander Chamber of Commerce to reserve your space
- Headwaters Christian Youth sponsored Ice Fishing Hole Drag Race – fastest hand drilled hole wins prize (age catagories)
- Rhinelander Chamber of Commerce 2010 Show us Your Shanty contest winning ice shanties will be on display for the public
- Sled Dog demonstrations
- Snow Shoe races
NAIFC® Ice Camp™ for Kids – Saturday, 13 March 2010
2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
Ice Camp™ is a popular in-class and on-ice fishing tutorial delivered by certified NAIFC® PRO STAFF instructors. Ice Camp will be held on-ice Saturday, 13 March 2010 at Boom Lake after the day one competition of the WIFC .
- 2:00 pm children gather in the main tent to hear an indoor presentation geared for children
- 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm the children will be accompanied by Pro Staff anglers to the day one competion zone to fish were the competitors fished to apply the seminar techniques
The North American Ice Fishing Circuit (NAIFC) is a corporation established by fishermen, for fishermen. The fundamental goal of the NAIFC is to advance the sport of ice fishing by providing the highest level of competitive ice fishing in North America. In addition to running a world-class tournament series, the NAIFC provides Ice Camp™, an industry-leading youth education program that is open to the public, and free of charge. Product sponsors make equipment and prizes available for the kids who sign up and participate. Although Ice Camp is geared toward kids, family members are encouraged to attend regardless of age. Ice Camp is an enriching activity for the whole family.
For more information about the NAIFC, Including the NAIFC Tournament Series, Ice Camp, and the acclaimed Ice Men reality TV show, please visit the website at www.naifc.com.
HorsePlay – Saturday, 13 March 2010
3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
The Modern Country and classic rock band HorsePlay will be on the main tent stage from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm. This band plays many of the modern country hits, and has played large venues, like the Hodag Country Festival.
2MilesSouth – Saturday, 13 March 2010
6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
The Classic Rock and Country band 2MilesSouth will be on the main tent stage from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. This talented group plays a wide variety of music from 3 Doors Down to Slim Wittman!